Health fair for foster children
The Higher Education Mentoring Initiative (HEMI) is hosting a health and wellness fair for Hamilton County foster youth in high school and beyond.
The fair will be held in the UC Campus Recreation Center on Saturday, March 9, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Registration will begin at 10:30.
While you are there, you can:
- Enjoy a nutritious meal from an all-you-care-to-eat buffet at Center Court on Campus.
- Have fun on the Climbing Wall
- Workout with personal trainers
- Show off and learn some new dance moves
- Race through an obstacle course
- Learn from the experts about nutrition, medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, and more.
The Higher Education Mentoring Initiative provides youth in foster care with a long-term mentoring relationship focused on the completion of post-secondary education and career training.
HEMI is always looking for community volunteers who are interested in becoming mentors. If you would like to learn more about our program and see how you or your organization can get involved, email us at HEMImentors@uc.edu or call us at 513-556-3670.
An RSVP is requested.